Bio-Identical Hormone Treatment
Since its inception in 2008, the Westmount Wellness Center has worked to provide natural and physiological solutions to women suffering from hormonal disorders, including menopausal symptoms.
While pharmacological treatments on the marketare numerous, they are often synthetic molecules with many side effects and with doses that are difficult to adjust for each patient's needs.
Bio-identical Hormone Replacement may be used to relieve some of the following issues in older and younger women:
• Pre-menstrual syndrome
• Fibrocystic breasts
• Water retention and bloating
• Osteoporosis / Osteopenia
• Weight gain
• Hot flashes
• Dry or coarse skin and hair
• Hair loss
• Poor libido
• Vaginal dryness
Bioidentical hormonotherapy is an intake of hormones naturally synthesized by the body (including estradiol, estriol, progesterone). They are generally administered transdermally (cream) allowing a good absorption and avoiding the metabolism by the liver (encountered when taken orally).
The assesment of your needs will be evaluated by our registered nurse, Mireille Mousseau, typically you will follow this procedure;
• You will have an initial consultation that will last around an hour and a half, during this appointment bio-identical hormones will be explained to you more thoroughly, and you will go over your medical history, as well as your current symptoms. At the end of the appointment you will be given a blood test requisition, and the option of doing a saliva test will be discussed .
• A routine follow-up is scheduled after two months of treatment. At this time your symptoms as well as any test results will be evaluated and adjustments will be made accordingly. It is always a good idea to book your yearly follow up at this time.
• At any time during treatment, you can always call the clinic to book a 30 minute telephone consultation if you have any questions you wish to discuss, or if you feel like you may need any adjustments.
Feel free to contact the clinic for more information
or to schedule an appointment.